<< >>

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Wednesday, April 28, 2010

...spring...primavera...

Made By Rae opened this year´s Spring Top Challenge. The second I saw it, the second I knew I wanted to be a part of it. Of course, the second right after that first very inspiring one, life happened. I was only able to make one top (not the ambitious 5 I had planned), but I made it with oh-so-much-love. This fabric has been sitting around, waiting for the perfect project, and just the right amount of poetry. I found it, patiently waiting for me, underneath a huge, scary pile of ugly fabric, in a store where no one seemed to notice it´s potential. And am I glad it was in fact so patient. Once again, I´ve fallen in love with love, and can´t help my messy, romantic self. So here goes, patternless and improvised; inspired, as always, by a weird mixture of vintage, Victorian, cowgirl, english tea, and il amore: Polkadot Poetry.
Made By Rae abrió su convocatoria para su Spring Top Challenge. El segundo que lo ví quise ser parte de ello. Claro está, el segundo que le siguió a ese primer instante de inspiración, la vida sucedió. Logré hacer una sola blusa (no la ambiciosa cantidad de 5 que había planeado), pero lo hice con tantísimo amor. Esta tela ha estado esperando la llegada del proyecto perfecto y una cantidad justa de poesía. La encontré, pacientemente esperándome, bajo una inmensa, desagradable montaña de telas horrendas, en una tienda donde nadie parecía apreciar su potencial. Estoy de verdad tan agradecida por su paciencia. Una vez más, me he enamorado del amor, no puedo controlar mis impulsos desordenados y románticos. Así que, aquí va, improvisado y sin patrón; inspirado, como siempre, por una extraña mezcla de vintage, Victoriano, vaquero, té inglés e il amore: Lunares y Poesía.
Back button
Boton de la espalda

1 comment: