<< >>

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Thursday, July 15, 2010

Baby Sling with Edge / Rebozo Roquero

Celebration Weekend: Present #2
Fin de Semana de Celebración: Regalo #2 My very pregnant friend and I are used to using what we call "rebozo". It is traditionally used to carry babies here in Mexico. The problem is the knot can become somewhat uncomfortable after a while. I decided to make her a cool looking, comfortable sling to use this time around... I made it in a very soft, stretchy cotton fabric that makes me think "Where is Wally?". She´s having a home birth again and KILLING me with the fact that she doesn´t want to know if it´s a girl or boy until he or she pops out! So I figured I would play it safe and go with stripes. Hope she likes it!
Mi muy embarazada amiga y yo estamos acostumbradas a usar rebozo para cargar a nuestros pequeños y no tan pequeños bebés. El problema es que el nudo puede llegar a incomodar después de un rato. Decidí hacerle un "rebozo" práctico y roquero para bebé #2... lo hice en un algodón muy suave con stretch que me recuerda a "¿Dónde está Wally?". Va a volver a tener parto en casa y me está MATANDO con aquello de dejar el sexo de bebé un gran misterio (sabe que odio no tener control de TODO, y si está leyendo esto, puedo apostar que esta soltando esa risita de brujita traviesa). Así que decidí irme por lo seguro con las rayas. ¡Espero que le guste!

Again, zero expense. I had the fabric in my stash of faves, and the belts are from a pair of pant legs... I know, weird thing to have on pant legs, right? Yep, I cut them right off.

Nuevamente, cero gasto. La tela ya la tenía en mi torre de telas favoritas y los cinturones son de las piernas de unos pantalones...lo sé, medio raro tener eso en las piernas de tus pantalones, ¿verdad? Sipi, los arranqué de tajo.
















NOTE:

1.I totally depended on Jen form Canadian Rhapsody to pull this one off. I used her easy and simple version and had the laptop glued to my forehead the whole time. It´s been soooo long since I made a sling (10 years!). Thanks SO much Jen!

2. For more info on GREAT looking, safe baby slings, check out UP Mama!

3. I used a beautiful online shop that sells "Rebozos" as a link to clarify exactly what a "rebozo" is. They are absolutely beautiful and can be used for so much more than baby carrying. Hope you guys enjoy the link!

NOTAS:

1.Fuí totalmente dependiente de Jen, de Canadian Rhapsody, para poder realizar este proyecto. Usé la versión sencillita de su sling, y me la pasé con la compu adherida a la frente para poderlo terminar. Ha pasado TÁNTO tiempo desde la última vez que hice un sling (¡10 años!). ¡Mil gracias Jen!

2. Para más información sobre slings seguros y bonitos, visiten Up Mama.

3. Usé una muy linda página que vende rebozos como referencia de lo que son y cómo se utilizan. Los rebozos son realmente hermosos y pueden ser utilizados de tántas diferentes maneras. ¡Espero disfruten de este link!

1 comment:

  1. So fun. I used slings with all my babies. The fabric definitely "pops" as well.

    ReplyDelete