<< >>

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Tuesday, March 29, 2011

As a Child / De niña


As a child I used to read... and read, and read.
I would live an alternate existence filled with sweet smelling flowers,
tea cups and beautiful illustrations.
As a child I was frail, pale,
and quite lonely.
I remember this, not with any sort of melancholy,
but with the ability to recognize and celebrate
that this is what made me who I am.
This defined what I love...
all things delicate, deep and whimsical:

De niña solía leer... y leer, y leer.
Vivía una existencia alterna, llena del aroma de dulces flores,
tacitas de te y hermosas ilustraciones.
De niña era pequeña, pálida
y solitaria.
Esto lo recuerdo, no con tristeza,
sino con la capacidad de reconocer y celebrar
que es justamente eso, lo que hizo a la mujer que ahora soy.
Eso es lo que definió lo que amo.
todo aquello delicado, profundo y enigmático:


No comments:

Post a Comment