<< >>

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Friday, April 15, 2011

Simple As Summer Can Get

Sencillito en el Calorcito

I started to play around with a left over piece of fabric. I wanted to make a real quick summer dress for G. You see, for me, once you reach the temperatures we´re reaching, under the circumstances we´re living (no air conditioning and houses built in a way that seem to attract heat like a magnet) spring is no longer a word that should be used. This would only imply that this "warm weather" is only going to intensify as soon as summer officially kicks in, and that would drive me to panic.

Comencé a jugar con este retazo de rayón. Quería hacerle un MUY sencillo vestidito de verano a G. Verás, para mi, una ves alcanzadas las temperaturas en las que estamos, y bajo las circunstancias que vivimos (cero aire acondicionado y construcciones que parecen atraer el calor como un imán) la palabra "primavera" debería ser prohibida. Usarla solo implicaría que el calor va a aumentar en cuanto llegue el verano y eso, señores, me llevaría al pánico.

So, here I was looking at this rectangular piece of soft fabric and thinking how I could create something fresh and cute in 15 minutes (cause that was how patient I felt at that particular moment). This is what I came up with.

Así me encontraba, mirando este pequeño retazo de tela suave y pensando cómo podría crear algo fresco y coqueto en 15 minutos (porque así de paciente me sentía en ese momento en particular). Esto es lo que inventé.


a little 70´s, a whole lot of cute

un poco setentero con kilos de coqueto


This was so easy to make I was thinking I might like to turn this into a quick tutorial once we got back from the beach (1 week starting Monday)... but I wanted to see what you guys thought...anyone up for a fun summer tute (that can easily be turned into a cute dress for mommy! yay!)?

Esto fue tan fácil de hacer que pensé que lo podría convertir en un tutorial una vez que regresemos de la playa (de este lunes en 8)... pero quería saber, qué opinan ustedes... ¿se les antoja un divertido tutorial de verano (¡que puede convertirse fácilmente en un vestidito para la mamita coqueta! ¡sí!)?


Have a happy Friday!

¡Que tengan un lindo viernes!


2 comments: