<< >>

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sun Shines... Sunshine

(source)

"...there´s a reason we refer to "leaps of faith" - because the decision to consent to any notion of divinity is a mighty jump from the rational over to the unknowable... if faith were rational it wouldn´t be - by definition- faith. Faith is belief in what you cannot see or prove or touch. Faith is walking face first and full-speed into the dark... I´m tired of being a skeptic, I´m irritated by spiritual prudence and I feel bored and parched by empirical debate. I don´t want to hear it anymore. I couldn´t care less about evidence and proof and assurances. I just want God. I want God inside me. I want God to play in my bloodstream the way sunlught amuses itself on water."

Elizabeth Gilbert
Eat, Pray, Love



"...hay una razón por la cual nos referimos a los `saltos de fé´- porque la decisión de aceptar cualquier noción de lo divino es un gran salto de lo racional a lo desconocido.... si la fé fuera lógica no sería - por definic
ión - fé. La fé es creer en lo que no se puede ver, comprobar o tocar. Tener fé es caminar de frente, y a toda velocidad, hacia la obscuridad... estoy cansada de ser escéptica, me irrita la prudencia espiritual, y me aburre y cansa el debate empírico. Ya no lo quiero escuchar. No me podría importar menos la evidencia, las pruebas o las garantías. Sólo quiero a Dios. Quiero a Dios dentro mío. Quiero que Dios juegue en mi torrente sanguíneo de la misma manera en que la luz del sol se entretiene sobre el agua."

Elizabeth Gilbert
"Comer, Rezar y Amar"


No comments:

Post a Comment