<< >>

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Gala´s Quilt


This is the perfect example I can use to prove that I´m not exagerating when I say I tend to get into trouble. I was definitely in way over my head on this one and I pulled it off (with charm and the beauty of imperfection, motivated by my blind devotion to my sweet baby girl!). But it was quite the experience, I enjoyed it greatly.

Este es un perfecto ejemplo de cómo tiendo a meterme en problemas. Definitivamente caí en aguas turbulentas con este proyecto, pero lo logré (con encanto y la belleza de lo imperfecto, impulsada por mi ciega devoción por mi nena preciosa!). Definitivamente fue una gran experiencia, lo disfruté treméndamente.


This is the jiggsaw puzzle fase. Complicated, but fun. At this stage I was feeling pretty good about myself. I used dresses Gala has grown out of, my favourite ones, and fabrics I had kept for sentimental reasons.
Esta es la faceta rompecabezas. Complicado pero divertido. En esta etapa del proyecto me sentía bastante bien conmigo misma. Utilizé los vestiditos que ya no le quedan a Gala, los que más me gustan, y telas que había guardado por razones del corazón.



Once I got here, I started panicking. This machine was NOT made for quilting (and it squeeks big time). I didn´t even pick up the camera after this. I had a total meltdown, but after the rain...

Para cuando llegué a este punto, comenzé a entrar en pánico. Esta máquina NO fue hecha para hacer un quilt (y rechina como no tienes una idéa). Después de esto ni siquiera agrré la camara. Tuve una crisis mayor, pero después de la lluvia...


...comes hand basting the quilt... after all that caos, it just seemed straight up relaxing to me!
...viene cocer el bies a mano... y después de tánto caos, me pareció la cosa más relajante!

Pictures of the finished Caos Quilt... coming soon!

Fotos de el ya terminado Quilt del Caos... proximamente!

No comments:

Post a Comment