<< >>

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Monday, April 19, 2010

Recycle All Things Old? / ¿Recicla Todo Lo Viejo?

So, as I mentioned in my last post, sometimes I get my hands on unwanted clothing. Sometimes I find treasures, and sometimes I just find things that make me wonder, "Why, oh why, is this not in a garbage can?" Even so, I think that sometimes (I insist, sometimes) if you cut, add, patch up, and imagine...you can frankenstein and recycle. This "hanging ´round the house summer dress" is the product of 1 REALLY old and stained t-shirt (used for the ruffles at the bottom of the skirt), 1 yucky pair of pink shorts with pockets (believe me, it has to be reeeaaaallly bad, for me to say "yucky"), used for the top part of the skirt, and a turqouise tank top with a bad stain and too small for my 4 year old.
Como mencioné en mi post pasado, a veces me llega ropa abandonada por otros. A veces encuentro tesoros, y a veces me llegan cosas que me hacen preguntar, "¿Porqué, oh, porqué, esto no se encuentra dentro de un bote de basura?" Aún así, creo que a veces (insisto, a veces) si cortas, añades, parchas e imaginas... logras aplicar "la Frankenstein" y reciclar. Este "vestido de verano para la casa" es el producto de 1 playera MUY vieja y manchada (utilizada para los olanes en la parte inferior de la falda), 1 par de shorts rosa-fuchi con bolsillos en el frente (créanme, tiene que estar muuuuy mal el asunto para que use la palabra "fuchi"), utilizado para la parte superior de la falda, y una playerita sin mangas, color turquesa, con una gran mancha y demaciado chiquita para mi nena de 4 años.I covered the stain on the tank top with a bit of ruffling. Gala seems to feel like a true princess. Now the hard part is going to be enforcing the "hanging ´round the house" part.
Cubrí la mancha de la playerita con olanes. Gala parece sentirse como una verdadera princesa. Ahora lo difcíl va a ser aplicar la parte del vestido diseñado ser usado "en casa".

By the way: I totally failed in my feeble attempts to keep the summer dress indoors. Whatever! She´s as beautiful as she feels and the dress looks good!

Por cierto: Fallé rotundamente en mis esfuerzos por mantener el vestido bajo techo. ¡Qué importa! ¡Ella se ve tan hermosa como se siente y el vestidito se ve lindo!

No comments:

Post a Comment