<< >>

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mom´s Shoes and Zapatos

I do...I love them.
These are some of my shoes. My sweet G encouraged me to play today, take out ALL my shoe boxes and try them ALL on so she could see what mama looks like. Because, to be honest, she loves "princess shoes" but she usually sees me running around in my cowboy boots (on a good day), my All Stars (on a bad day), or flip flops (on a terrible day). I´ve been in quite a fashion funk since the heat kicked in. Depressing and scary. But I´m determined to tame this mommy-monster that I have never allowed to take over my mommy-days.

Es cierto...amo los zapatos.
Estos son algunos de mis zapatos. Hoy mi dulce G me animó a jugar. Sacamos TODAS mis cajas de zapatos y me los probé TODOS para que ella viera cómo se veía mamita. Porque, para ser honesta, ella ama los "zapatitos de princesa" pero normalmente me ve corriendo por ahí con mis botas vaqueras/rokeras (en un día bueno), mis Converse (en un día malo) o mis chanclas de hule (en un día terrible). Me he visto sumergida en una depresión al estilo "fashion" desde que el calor aumentó ridículamente. Deprimente y terrorífico. Pero estoy determinada a domar este mami-monstruo que jamás he permitido que domine mis mami-días.




We left the room looking like a tropical storm had hit it

Dejamos mi cuarto como si hubiera sido arrasado por una tormenta tropical


But it gave me the opportunity to look at my darlings and remember why I have all these boxes piled up in the closet...it´s AMOR

Pero esto me dio la oportunidad de mirar a mis queriditas y recordar porqué tengo todas estas cajas acumuladas en mi closet...es il AMORE


Then it was G´s turn. She got to choose her 2 favorite pairs. First she chose:

Después fué el turno de G. Le dije que podía escoger sus 2 pares favoritos. Primero escogió:



Then she decided to feel pretty in:

Después decidió sentirse bonita en:


Man! I still have these in a box because I absolutely love to remember how I salsa danced the hell out of them on, easily, one of the best days of my life...and it shows. G loves to imagine me in my puffy white dress dancing with her daddy in my red satin shoes...so, yes, these are her faves.

¡Hombre! He tenido estos guardados en una cajita porque amo recordar como les saqué el ancho bailando salsa en, fácilmente, uno de los mejores días de mi vida... y se nota. A G le encanta imaginarme en mi vestido blanco y esponjoso, bailando con su papito con mis zapatos de satín rojo... así que, sí, estos son sus favoritos.


Great girl-time, if you ask me!

¡Si me preguntas a mi, fue la perfecta tarde de chicas!


2 comments:

  1. How fun! My toddler would have a blast doing this with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was so happy I was willing to do this, she couldn´t believe it. "Mamita´s letting me make a BIG mess and she´s doin´it with me! Ajuuua!" Of course, she also helped me put them back in their boxes, and even though she also enjoyed pick-up time, my shoes got all mixed up, boxes don´t close, etc... IT WAS WORTH IT I say!

    ReplyDelete