<< >>

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Saturday, July 2, 2011

Nostalgia & Inspiration / Nostalgia & Inspiración

It´s been cloudy, rainy, crampy, etc... I feel like staying in bed, belly ache, and no sun. But there always seems to be something that lifts me, invariably. Inspiration. Fashion, even though some may think it to be superficial, to me is art. Nostalgia is one of my favorite emotions and if something created for the eye, can get to the heart through emotion, then it must be art...or so i seem to believe. I found little bits and pieces of this form of art, that screamed to me because it somehow reminds me.... of me...and made me smile...that soft, rainy day, cozy kind of smile... my favorite.

Ha estado nublado, lluvioso, colicoso, etc... Tengo ganas de quedarme en cama, me duele la pancita, no hay sol. Pero siempre parece haber algo que levanta de cualquier ánimo, invariablemente. La inspiración. La moda, a pesar de ser considerado por algunos como algo superficial, para mi, es arte. La nostalgia es una de mis emociones preferidas y si algo creado para la vista, puede llegar al corazón mediante una emoción, entonces debe ser arte... o eso creo yo. Encontré pedacitos de esta forma de arte que me llamó a gritos porque de alguna manera me recuerda .... a mi....y me hiso sonreír... ese tipo de sonrisa acurrucada, suave, de día lluvioso... mi favorita.


The Clothes Horse. Oh so beautiful in so many ways.

The Clothes Horse. Mas allá de hermoso. Y de regreso. Dos veces.


Kinda takes the funk away from the fact that I have to stay away from heels for health reasons (hence the fact that I´m compulsively looking for cute retro oxfords and flats)



Parece quitarle la nota trágica al hcho que me tengo que mantener alejada de los tacones por razones de salud (razón por la cual busco oxfords y botines retro compulsivamente)



LOVE
AMO







And, last but not least, rainy day nostalgia, at it´s best: Tiny Toadstool

Y por último, nostalgia de día lluvioso en su mayor expresión: Tiny Toadstool


No comments:

Post a Comment