<< >>

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Shake and Roar / Se Sacude y Ruge

Last Saturday our house shook. It shook hard. It reminded me of too much and made go blank at once. All I could do was think of getting my children out of the house and down the stairs as fast as possible. This was their first earthquake. I lived Mexico City´s 1985 shake, but my sweets didn´t know what it´s like to loose all control, and hear everything they consider safe and warm roar like a monster. They cried a while, pale as little ghosts, and we all slept in my bed that night. Mommy on one side, daddy on the other, and our 2 most precious little people in the middle. Under warm covers, all we really have is eachother. It´s been a while since i´ve felt so helpless and blessed at once.

El sábado pasado nuestra casa se sacudió. Se sacudió con ganas. Me recordó a demasiado y me cegó al mismo tiempo. Solo podía pensar en sacar a mis hijos de la casa y bajarlos por las escaleras lo más rápido posible. Ese fue su primer temblor. Yo viví el temblor del `85 de la Ciudad de México, pero ellos no tenían idea de lo que se siente perder todo control y oír como, todo lo que consideran seguro y cálido, ruge como un monstruo. Lloraron un rato, pálidos cual fantasmitas, y todos dormimos en mi cama esa noche. Mamita de un lado, papi del otro, y nuestras dos personitas mas preciadas en medio. Debajo de las cobijas calientitas, todo lo que realmente teníamos era el uno al otro. Ha pasado un tiempo desde que me he sentido tan impotente y bendecida a la ves.


"...I asked for all things that I might enjoy life. I was given life that I might enjoy all things. I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hoped for. Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I am, among all men, most richly blessed.”


No comments:

Post a Comment