<< >>

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Rock n´Roll Ruffle Skirt! / ¡Falda de Olanes Roqueros!


Christmas Present #1:
Finally got down to it! And once again inspired by Dana from MADE (she is sooo amazing!) I went all out there. I broke the rules, as I´ve done waaaaay too many times in the past. And more often than I care to share, this rule bending and breaking ends in disaster, but this time I figured I´d risk it. So, Christmas is coming, and my sister, who´s a musician (and a pretty darn sexy one too), has always been begging for "Stage Wardrobe". So I went for a shaggy, frayed look with this "Rock n´Roll Ruffle Skirt" (inspired by Dana´s Turkey Skirt).

Regalo de navidad #1:
¡Al fin comenzé! Y una vez más, inspirada por Dana de MADE (¡ella es absolutamente increible!) lo aposté todo. Rompí las reglas, tal y como he hecho demaciadas veces en el pasado. Y más seguido de lo que quisiera admitir, este doblar y romper de reglas, termina en desastre, pero esta vez decidí arriesgarme. Así que se acerca la Navidad, y mi hermana, quien es músico (y una bastante sexy, debo decir), me ha estado rogando años por "Vestuario de Escenario" (rima, jijiji). Asi que encontré el look deshilachado y desfajado que estaba buscando en esta "Falda de Olanes Roqueros" (inspirada en la "Turkey Skirt" de Dana)


Where I live there is no such thing as chiffon that doesn´t fray, or much of anything for that matter. So I zig zagged the edges of the strips of chiffon (took forever), and even so, I´ve got big time fraying going on (good thing I was thinking street fashion!). Then I grabbed an old skirt, cut it up real short and started ruffling and sowing them in. I chose to give it something a little different by making thinner ruffled strips on top and making them thicker as I went down the skirt.

Donde yo vivo, no hay tal cosa como chiffon que no se deshilacha, ni mucho de absolutamente nada, debo admitir. Así que zig-zagué los bordes de cada tira de chiffon (me tomó una eternidad), y aún así tengo hilos por doquier (¡que bueno que tenía "street fashion" en mente al hacerlo!). Después agarré una falda vieja, la corté bastante corta (valga la redundancia) y comenzé a hacer los olanes y cocerlos a la falda. Decidí darle un toque diferente poniendo olanes más delgados arriba e ir haciéndolos más gruesos conforme bajaba por la falda.

1 comment:

  1. Wow... just wow! Love this version of the skirt. Great jon

    ReplyDelete