<< >>

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________





Thursday, May 3, 2012

sun, sunny, sun / sol, solecito, sol

saladita20filtro

I´ve been deep into the subject of making my own beauty and homecleaning products amoung other things. It´s something I´ve become very passionate about because of the fact that something that seemed so complicated, or far from my reality, turned out to be not only quite simple, but fulfilling. I now make our own organic shampoo, lip balm, body butter, citrus cleaner and found "cacahuananche" soap for shower time and coconut based dish soap for the kitchen that are 100% natural and  ridiculously cheap.

He estado sumergido en el tema de hacer mis propios productos de belleza y limpieza, entre otras cosas. Es algo que me ha llegado a apasionar porque algo que parecía tan complicado, ajeno a mi, resultó ser bastante sencillo y sumamente gratificante. Ahora hago nuestro propio shampoo, pomada para labios y mantequilla corporal orgánicos, además de nuestro limpiador cítrico, y encontré jabón de cacahuananche para el baño y jabón de platos de coco 100% natural absurdamente económicos.

Since our body butter turned out so wonderfully, we decided to make and sell, and in the process people started asking me about natural sunscreens. Finding a truly natural option is very important. This has always been a tough one for me. Big G rejects chemicals and reading the small letters on a sunscreen lotion scares me, even though (or precisely because) I don´t understand what I´m reading. I´m a true believer that knowledge does in fact set us free, especially considering the world we live in, where "healthy", "natural" and "good for you" have turned into marketing strategies that often hold no more than lies. Since I dedicate much of my time to researching and "setting myself and my family free", I stumbled upon this interesting article regarding sun, health and the use of sunscreens. I wanted to share just a small part of the article (though I highly recommend reading all of it), because I consider it to be incredibly helpful and important.

Ya que nuestra mantequilla corporal resultó tan maravillosa, decidimos hacerlo para vender, y en el proceso la gente nos comenzó a preguntar sobre protectores solares naturales. Es muy importante encontrar una opción verdaderamente natural, y aquí en Mexico no es fácil. Éste siempre ha sido un tema delicado para mi. G grande rechaza los químicos y leer las letras pequeñas de las botellas de bloqueador solar me asusta, a pesar de que (o justamente porque) no entiendo nada. Creo fervientemente en el hecho de que el conocimiento nos libera, especialmente al considerar el mundo en el que vivimos donde "saludable"y "natural" son solo palabras que utiliza el monstruo de la mercadotecnia, y la mayor parte de las veces, esconde solo mentiras. Ya que dedico gran parte de mi tiempo a investigar para nuestra "liberación", me encontré con este artículo interesante que trata el tema del sol, la salud y el uso de protectores solares. Quise compartir una pequeña parte del artículo (aunque recomiendo fuertemente leerlo todo), porque lo consideré de gran ayuda y sumamente importante. Nombra los químicos que pueden poner en peligro tu vida, que, si al ser encontrados entre las letras pequeñas de tu protector solar, debe ser tirado a la basura. Asi de sencillo.

If Your Sunscreen Contains Any of These Chemicals That I Consider Dangerous and Potentially Life Threatening, Do Yourself a BIG Favor…

Harmful Chemicals in a Sunscreen Toss your sunscreen in the trash if it contains any of these chemicals I consider potentially harmful.
Dump it in the trash now.
Yes, that's right. Toss your sunscreen in the trash if it contains any of these questionable chemicals:
  • Para amino benzoic acid…
  • Octyl salicyclate…
  • Avobenzone…
  • Oxybenzone…
  • Cinoxate…
  • Padimate O…
  • Dioxybenzone…
  • Phenylbenzimidazole…
  • Homosalate…
  • Sulisobenzone…
  • Menthyl anthranilate…
  • Trolamine salicyclate…
  • Octocrylene…
And, oh yes, let me not forget…
Potentially harmful chemicals such as dioxybenzone and oxybenzone (two chemicals I just mentioned) are some of the most powerful free radical generators known to man!
So if your sunscreen contains dioxybenzone, oxybenzone, or any of the other chemicals I just revealed, I highly recommend you switch to a formula that is safe and healthy for your skin.
And a note to moms… You are undoubtedly very conscientious about caring for your children. But when you lather up your son or daughter with sunscreen thinking you're doing the right thing, you could in fact be doing more harm than good.
So check the labels on your sunscreen, and throw them out if they contain any of the potentially dangerous chemicals named above. After all, your skin is your largest organ, as your child's skin is theirs. 

 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment